Monday, September 18, 2006

Chickapah, Chickapah, Chickapah Pieeeeeeeee

Who doesn't like chicken pot pies? Wrong people, that's who. People who are wrong. Only wrong people and/or the criminally insane don't like chicken pot pies.

Which is why I splurged and had one for dinner tonight, along with a glass of Turning Leaf 2005 riesling.

Now, I have several things to say about this post's title, chicken pot pies, and riesling, but I'll keep this one brief because I have approximately a metric ton (or would that be "metric tonne?") of work to do tonight.

First, the first reader to correctly identify the reference in this post's title wins a pony. Second, chicken pot pies pretty much rock. Third, although I've done some remarkably stupid shit thanks to white wine and had sworn off it for the better part of a decade, I've found that I really like riesling a whole lot. It will join port and pinot noir in my wine selection, ruling my kitchen as a triumvirate of grapey goodness.

8 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I believe the title is from the Jody Foster produced vanity piece, NELL, also starring Mr. Liam Neeson.

And for the record, I don't like chicken pot pie -- poor lil bits of chicken and innocent vegetables in a gravy of some sort. I'll pass. Everyone knows I can't have my food touching.

Sign me,

A criminally insane, wrong person

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger david said...

Chicka, chicka, chickabee.
T'ee an me an t'ee an me.
Ressa, ressa, ressa me.
Chicka, chicka, chickabee.

Jodie Foster Translation: This movie sucks (but I look hot in my little see-through cotton nightie).

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tofu pot pie is one of my very most favorite things. I eat it for dinner at least twice a week.

To the best of my recollection, I've never had chicken pot pie.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Trout said...

For those of you brave souls taking a crack at the reference, you're all wrong. Brave, sure, but still wrong.

Dirk is especially wrong for not liking chicken pot pie, while that tofu-eatin' Mary Ann doesn't even qualify for judgment.

Maybe I'll reveal the reference at some point in the future.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

You know I know the answer to your reference, but I think you already owe me like 5 ponies as it is, so I'll keep mum about this one.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger AJQ said...

I like chicken pot pies.

I also enjoyed the episode of Just Shoot Me when Elliot's brother pretended to be mentally retarded for 30 years and occasionally intoned "Chickapah, Chickapah, Chickapah Pieee!"

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Trout said...

WE HAVE A WINNER!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I dont like pot pies at all. Sorry. I like the insides but not the outside crust. Might as well just eat stew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home