Friday, August 11, 2006

Huh?

Okay, readers, I've been spending a few hours each day in the 5400's public library (I know I called it the 5600 before, but I was wrong. It's 5400.), surfing, emailing, and enjoying the air conditioning. Since I left my entire DVD collection with my bestest manfriend and his wife in the 7200 during the move - intentionally, since they're parents and probably haven't seen a movie in its entirety in over three years - I've also discovered the joy of checking out videos for free from public libraries.

So yesterday I picked up a few titles: Amadeus and Surviving in Bear Country on VHS; a Masterpiece Theatre production of A Tale of Two Cities and Speilberg's War of the Worlds on DVD. Instead of unpacking my apartment yesterday I pretty much vegged on the couch, watching Tom Hulce's genuinely brilliant portrayal of Mozart in the blistering heat.

This morning I got up, reheated some biscuits I baked yesterday (didn't spray the sheet enough and burnt them to hell on the bottom) along with some fried eggs, brewed up a damn good cup of coffee, and watched Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning squeal in War of the Worlds.

Now, I wanted to like this movie. In fact, I did like the first hour and a half or so, but then it just kind of, well, ends. Can someone please explain to me how and why exactly the aliens died? If this is one of those things where I just need to read the book, fine, but for a Speilberg production this ending totally sucked.

I'm so confused right now...

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Um...did they die because they did not have an immunity to germs and shit like we do? Maybe the awesome power of Dianetics? I don't know.

That piece of shit lost me the minute nothing electronic worked...except the video cameras. And oh yeah, nice bit with them avoiding the tentacles in the basement. I loved that the first time I saw...with the raptors in JURASSIC PARK.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the end, there was a single narrated sentence about the aliens not having immunity to Earth germs.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger brian luenemann said...

I thought it wasn't supposed to be that hot at that elevation. Are you getting soft?

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was the germs. They didnt have immunity to our germs because they were so superior

 

Post a Comment

<< Home