Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Another Harry Potter Update

I finished Order of the Phoenix late last night. I'm not exactly disappointed in the ending but there weren't any of the truly shocking twists I was anticipating. The semi-major character's death didn't surprise me very much - I'd always thought he was a marked man in that Harry-Potter-world kind of way. It's like Rowling just won't let Harry have it easy, ever, and in all honesty I kind of dig that about the series. The only truly interesting twist in Order of the Phoenix, in my opinion, is the reasoning behind Harry's return to Privet Drive every summer.

And come on, didn't we already know (or at least intuit) that this town ain't big enough for both Harry and Voldemort?

Yes, yes, I know there are some cracks in the prophecy through which Rowling may squeak in a rather large surprise or two. If I had to guess I'd say Neville is going to play a huge part in the plot; if not in Half Blood Prince, then in book 7. I've also overheard enough to know that Snape isn't out of the picture just yet, nor is the Malfoy family.

Alrighty. Back to my "job" where I do important "work" in order to keep myself from being "bored to death."

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Trout said...

Oh hey, one more thing about Order of the Phoenix I wanted to mention: the Delores Umbridge character, especially how she runs her classroom, is one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i love harry potter. I get lost in the magical realm,

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I can't wait for the last book. Rowling has hinted at it in interviews, saying 2 or 3 characters die. I'm guessing Snape will be one of them and go out in an unexpected heroic flourish, but frankly I'm going to be a little disappointed if Harry doesn't take the big dirt nap at the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home