Friday, June 09, 2006

Yesterday's Post Today, Rock Music Lyrics Friday in a Separate Post

Blogger went bye-bye yesterday, so here are a few random thoughts in preparation for a series of longer posts -

1. The World Cup brings out the latent soccer player in me. The only time I've ever felt dominant as an athlete was as a hardnosed 9 year old fullback who rarely let the ball get by. Even in my pre-pubescent years I understood the psychological damage a strong defense inflicted upon an opponent. More World Cup stuff soon.

2. If fly tying is an art form, I'm Thomas Kinkade compared to Picasso over here.

3. Al-Zarqawi was a horrible human being and I'm glad he's dead.

4. I've just about had it with this "sanctity of marriage" crap. It's sickening that the GOP wants to prevent two people who love each other from formalizing their relationship. Because, you know, the divorce rate among straight people, multiple marriages, and sexual taboos aren't really issues in the U.S. More on the religious right, the midterm elections, and the homosexuals in another post.

5. It is absolutely no surprise that my girlfriend got a promotion. I never said so out loud, but I saw that one coming from a mile away. Well done, baby!

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks, honey! It really does mean a lot to me.

And on a sidenote...if the an amendment against gay marriages ever passes, can we move to Canada? Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home