Friday, May 19, 2006

Guitar Tab Friday

As my loyal, 200 million-strong readership knows, I'm playing guitar again. The past few days have been spent trying to get my left hand, fingers, and wrist to simply get back in the swing of things.

Today I'm working on Bob Dylan's "Man of Peace" from his album Infidels. The Grateful Dead (you knew it would come back to the Dead, didn't you?) do a cover on Postcards of a Hanging, an album composed entirely of Dylan covers and/or collaborations.

It's an easy tune. I play it in A, funkified courtesy of Garcia/Weir. The riff focuses on the descending blues thing, particularly the G string.

E---------------------------
B---2--0--2----2--x-------
G---2--0--2----2--2-------
D---x--5--2----2-p5-2-----
A----------0-----------3--0
E---------------------------

Repeat 3 times. Move to 7th fret 4 times. I think the progression is resolved by some E chord thrown in there somewhere.

Good stuff, easy to sing, a perfect song for Willie's band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home