Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One More Day...

My stepbrother is getting married this weekend in the same town I'm about to move to, henceforth referred to on this blog as the 5600. The 5600 is tucked into the base of a big ol' mountain range, down in a little valley, so it gets way less wind and way more snow than the 7200. There is also epic fly-fishing nearby, but you have to earn it by hiking over nasty terrain.

Anyhoo, I'm taking off tomorrow morning for the 5600, about 3 hours away, and will get to see my dad and stepmom's side of the family, some of whom I haven't seen for years and years. To top things off, Kathryn is making the trip from Denver tomorrow night, and my family being the reasonable progressives they are (for domestic issues only - they're color-by-number Republicans when it comes to taxes, the war, the President, and education), Kathryn and I are sharing a hotel room. This isn't a big deal to either of us (as far as I know), and I'm not exactly sure why I'm writing about it. But writing about it I am.

While I'm in the 5600 I'll also be stopping by my future employer just to check stuff out, as well as looking for places to live. I may just wind up taking my stepbrother's place, which is like a block from my employer, but I may not. Dunno.

So, for those of you keeping track at home, the schedule looks like:

Th - Arrive at the 5600. Check into hotel. Meet up with dad and stepmom. Acquire fly-fishing rod that was a Christmas gift but couldn't make it on the plane. Drink beer or four with stepbrother and/or anyone else. Kathryn arrives sometime in evening.

F - Golf in the morning with stepbrother and others from wedding party. Encourage Kathryn to drive golf cart. Stop by employer. Hang out with family. Do the rehearsal dinner thing.

S - Wedding.

Su - My birthday. Return to the 7200 in the evening.

M - Hang out with Kathryn in the 7200. Do minor summer job stuff. Prepare for major summer job stuff to kick off this week.

That's it! I may or may not update the blog between today and Monday.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

In case you had any doubt...the hotel room sharing (while I'm glad we don't have to stay in separate rooms) is not a big deal to me.

But more importantly...I get to drive the golf cart?! Sweeeet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home