Sunday, November 12, 2006

C 20

[I wrote this poem sometime within the past two years. For the record, I have no idea what in the hell I was trying to get at. - Ed.]

----------------------------------------
C20

Forged and cast into
jerking trusses, nouns are verbed
or worse. Take the French, for example,
who say things like
"le weekend," or our
own digital messages punched out
on cell phones, where numbers
and letters are common denominators.

Maybe they're entitled. Or
maybe the other tenth,
the part the law ignores,
doesn't need possession anyway.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger AJQ said...

Would there a when be
Without the wherewithal to wonder
What time said your watch?

And could there a can be
Without the said when?
What matter?
Please pass me the Scotch.

**********
I wrote that while living with you in Laramie about 13 years ago for a Philosophy of Literature class. I have no idea what it means either, but there are a lot of 'w's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home