Sunday, October 29, 2006

... And Two Recipes

Due to the absence of heat I've been hanging out in the kitchen because, as it turns out, there are multiple sources of heat in kitchens. I made up the following two recipes this weekend. Creative? No. Delicious? Oh yes.

1. Cocoa with rum.
  • 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 TBSP sugar
  • 1 mug milk (I used soy milk, but whole milk would work)
  • several ounces rum
  • Mix sugar and rum in bottom of mug.
  • Heat milk in saucepan over medium-low heat until it steams. Add cocoa powder; mix thoroughly. When hot (but not boiling), pour carefully into mug. Stir. Drink. Forget furnace troubles.

2. Crockpot chicken and potatoes and stuff.

  • 2 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
  • a handful of frozen broccoli spears
  • a handful of new potatoes, cut in halves
  • 1 large can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • a bunch (1/3 bottle? 1/4? who cares?) of leftover white wine in the fridge
  • Throw everything into the crockpot. Turn crockpot to low. Go away for 8 hours. Forget about it until bread in oven is done. Eat. Watch football.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure hope your furnace is fixed. I saw the weather report this morning and your low temp for tonight is supposed to be 6 degrees. Burrrrrrrrrr

Did I read correctly? Onions in your recipe? And I thought you didn't like onions.

Stay warm.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I've had the first one. Only I don't add the cocoa or milk. I just take the whole bottle to bed and drink til empty.

I've always been something of a minimalist in the kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home