Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Just, You Know, Stuff

Alright, to pass the time and cool my nerves after unpleasantness with a certain certifying body that shall go unnamed, I thought I'd steal a page from Dirk's playbook and list ten things not everyone knows about me.

1. I still harbor a wish to write something more profound than a blog.

2. When I was 19 my dad ripped my big toenail off with a rusty pair of pliers. Intentionally. More on this in another post.

3. I was once severely allergic to cats but seem to have improved.

4. When I was six or so I stole a candy bar from the neighborhood convenience store. I've never told anyone this until now.

5. I hate onions.

6. I've skinny-dipped in the Puget Sound.

7. I'm terrified of snakes, heights, and clowns. But more of snakes and heights. Clowns just kind of creep me out.

8. When I feel the first tickle of a sore throat, I'll gargle scotch to kill the bacteria. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

9. I was once, kind of, a staffer at The Onion.

10. There are a few phrases out there in the popular culture that I think I might have invented and/or simply said before anyone else. I haven't researched this one but have no real interest in finding out either way.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Trout said...

Nope, I was totally on my own, believe it or not.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

That toenail story isn't necessary for my part.

Dammit, I just blanched again at the thought of it. Thanks, Trout. You gonna tell a story about biting sideways on the tines of a fork, too?

Aarghhhhh! Now I have toenails and tines in my head.

You suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home